I would like to introduce you to the Matrix-Q Special Task Force and share with you our understanding of the challenge and the decision of engagement and actions we are taking as an innovation ecosystem dedicated to impact investment and entrepreneurship.
I personally believe in the natural human capacity of learning and adaptation.
Thinking and behavior change is in other words a matter of time. For example, along the 30’s of the last century, the first intents to change extensive agriculture practices (that damage the soil capacity of self-regeneration in medium-term) into diversified forest-like agriculture. We are close to 100 years of research and learning, arriving finally to the conclusion at innovation at universities, implementing the necessary modification in agriculture practices.
LINEAR THINKING IMPACT IN HUMAN LIFE EXPECTANCY
Along the last 300 years linear thinking has misguided the industry creating waste, resource depletion, climate change and the extinction of millions of species.
Linear thinking influences education, scientific research, technology innovation, social management, daily business practices, leadership, governance and economies.
An example is that It took us about 100 years to learn and to start taking responsibility for the way we grow and produce our food. And we are just at the beginning.
DO WE HAVE TIME FOR A COMFORTABLE CHANGING/LEARNING PROCESS?
Climate change negative effects are already affecting lives of people world wide.
- Nature is suffering, species are extinct.
- Cities around the world are planning relocation.
- Water scarcity has been predicted
- Forests fires keep in increasing
- Local economies are being affected
- Climate human migrations are already taking place
We do not have any possibility at this point to avoid or prevent the negative impact of climate change, but only do our best to control and reduce damage, and proactively adapt ourselves to the changes still to come.
COVID-19 LOCK-DOWN EFFECT
The covid-19 global lockdown effect seems to have reduced the pressure nature has been experiencing for the last 100 years, after the intensive development of the industry (Industrial revolutions 0,1,2,3 and now 4th)
An opportunity to reflect on how a synchronized and coordinated global action is possible when survival and well being of the people in our nations faces tangible risk.
Climate change means a tangible risk, with an impact that will be experienced in the future.
As it is natural for the human species, the future is not yet perceived as tangible and may not trigger a response yet.
Short term, convenient and comfortable decision making, is a global pattern, which increases the risk and the damage caused by global pressing issues
Time place an important role, when the action needed demands the participation of stakeholders, coordination and execution is bounded by time and access to resources and the will of people to engage and help.LDMF
IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT CLIMATE
In the following 30 years our planet will experience changes of a magnitude of impact that will bring together leaders and stake-holders from all around the world.
Climate change negative outcomes will require global nations accountability and collaboration. As well as civil participation and engagement, self-responsibility, discipline, quick and smart learning.
The participation of responsible entrepreneurs, innovators, leaders and impact investors will make a positive difference in the outcome of the following 30 years.
10 YEARS TO SOLVE A MULTI-DIMENSIONAL & SYSTEMIC CHALLENGE
Awareness of the reality of the challenge, is necessary for success. The challenge of the next 30 years is systemic, diverse, with a variety of issues impacting globally in a number of front lines, but all of them together affecting human life, nature, social stability, threatening peace and economies.
- [5-10 years] Climate change is in a non-stopping process unless we change globally the human creativity and industry practices that are causes of climate change and proactively prevent, control and address the negative effects of climate change.
- [5-10 years] Industry 4.0 (automation, artificial intelligence) creates a disruption in the stability of the cognitive labor force, as for example research, education, management; as well as in the mechanical workforce in the industry. Employees will be displaced.
- [1-5 years] COVID-19 effect on global economy will be disruptive. In people lives, disruptive changes include family-health issues, economic stability, job stability, mental health, creativity, access to capitals, and leadership among others. Considering that a vaccine will be developed within 1 year, the recovery process at the global scale will challenge governments, entrepreneurs and funding sources priorities.
- [1-10 years] SDG17, United Nations addressed sustainability global pressing issues through the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG; as a preventive action that will ensure the quality of living of an increasing global population. With 169 targets for the 17 goals, considering that each target has 1-3 indicators, the matrix (DNA) of the challenge is complex to solve and require the participation of everyone, stakeholders, market, industry, government, civil action.
- [5-30 years] Today the world is only 9% Circular. Considering that circular economy enables a positive impact in nature, people and economies. Reducing 48% of carbon emissions, creates jobs positions, innovation enables economic growth, and enables a sustainable development of the value chains. The transition into a circular economy needs of accelerated learning, thinking and behavior change, circular thinking, innovation capacity, leadership and impact investment. Its systemic impact will mean the possibility to solve diverse issues with one single action.
- [1-30 years] Human-centered (Anthropocene) innovation, in all levels of our global civilization and culture, aiming for human inclusion, social sensitivity, corporate responsibility, social innovation, social empathy. Will disrupt and change industry, markets, and economies.
ADAPTIVE CAPACITY – CHALLENGES
At the Matrix-Q Research Institute (Multidisciplinary Research 1993-2020) we have explored human potential, the capacity of adaptation, collaboration, execution under challenging circumstances, and the kind of training or capacities, competencies, leaders must develop in order to harness the available conditions and achieve success by solving challenges. Below some of our conclusions.
Linear education, focus on specialization (mono-disciplinary-perspective) and developed through frontal education with stress on acquisition of information and intellectual learning has not prepared well our professional human capital to solve the challenges we will need to face within the next 10 years
The ability to think, feel, act, create, engage, innovate, with the knowledge acquire is scarce, meaning that the academic education is not enough foundation for the challenges professionals will need to face.
On addition, 300+ years education on lineal thinking, fully integrated to human creativity, decision making and risk management tools, creates a conflict with a circular-solution-making approach. When innovation and creativity, entrepreneurship and leadership, in other words solutions, are non circular, then are not fully a solution to the problem.
For example, if SDG projects are not circular, the investment in SDG Innovation will soon or later create collateral damage and impact the transition to circular economy negatively.
Emotional intelligence from another side, is not to be learned by reading books, but by a precise training that help individuals and teams experience their emotional response to challenges faced, and provides to them methodologies, tools and knowledge on how to understand, use or manage their emotions as enablers or positive change.
For advanced leadership and innovation, entrepreneurship with emotional intelligence, with accelerated learning, thinking and behavior change, 3-5 years intensive learning is needed and at least 5 years experience.
For multidisciplinary education, another field for which the academic education has not created so far the necessary foundations, professionals need the ability to think out of the box, communicate and be familiar with a diversity of languages and perspectives (other professional fields) and of integrating knowledge for the development of innovative solutions.
Perception of value, and creativity, as enablers of trapped value release, are keys for innovation and entrepreneurship, but as well for proactive adaptation. The ability to expand perception capabilities means as well to change patterns of thinking and behavior acquired through culture or family habits.
As to develop individually or collectively abilities for accelerated learning, thinking and behavior change, adaptation capacity, emotional engagement, circular thinking, innovation capacity, takes time (5-10) years, we can conclude that is necessary to support engaged professionals with complementary accelerated capacity building that provides the foundation in the pillars needed.
We need leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, impact investors, capacity to act with precision, effectively, and create a positive impact in people, nature and economies.
We provide a digital platform for accelerated capacity building, thinking and behavior change, and innovation assisted by A.I.
Our data-driven, smart and scalable applications measure, enhance and optimize circular thinking, innovation capacity, emotional engagement, learning skills, adaptive capacity and social empathy.
Our e-learning programs (content and learning process) are tailor-made to the individual capacity of learning and preferences, as every individual learns at different speeds and enjoy a particular type of learning content and process.
The Matrix-Q Akademia, provides to a learning by doing, by playing and by solving challenges (simulations, case study, and real challenges) hands-one training on the field of action.
Challenging future coaches, trainers, consultants, project managers, leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs and impact investors with reality and their own current capacity to solve problems effectively.
The Matrix-Q Ecosystem innovates and develops new state of the art solutions, with digital and smart technology, and also invest in human competences that A.I. can not replace, and created with an innovative methodology a hybrid service/product that accelerates thinking and behavior change, empowers people, boosts creativity and innovation and encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, social impact, human inclusion and impact investment.
MATRIX-Q METHOD = human + technology = success + human potential unleash
THE MATRIX-Q SPECIAL TASK FORCE
Inspired by the challenges faced by our own international ecosystem, and the social empathy of our team members, the Matrix-Q Ecosystem and the Matrix-Q Akademia now hosts an intensive program dedicated to training professionals that would like to contribute with the solution of pressing global issues, with proactive preventive projects, and by utilizing the Matrix-Q Methodology and knowledge.
- Taskforce members join us from all around the world.
- Receive training and engage in missions and projects online, collaborating to solve pressing issues
- Intensive, immersive, minimalist and protocol-based training is provided to our task forces, for them to be deployed (assigned) to solve specific challenges for which time-matters.
- The Matrix-Q Special Task Force is continuously in training
Our first task force challenge will be to address the disruptive impact COVID-19 has in people quality of living, and economies.